Privacy & disclaimers
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used by Alterity, Inc.:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up a free trial and/or demonstration, subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business
- personalizing our website for you
- enabling your use of the services available on our website
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- keeping our website secure and prevent fraud
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We consider your data to be private and confidential. We will not give, rent, loan, or sell any identifiable personal information to any other third party, unless legally required to do so. Example of legal requirements may include:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Retaining personal information
This sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secured third party, best in class CRM and marketing platforms.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by visiting the Contact Us form on the website.
We use third party cookies (e.g. Google Analytics) on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website to track users as they navigate the website, improve the website’s usability, analyze the use of the website, administer the website, personalize the website for each user, and target advertisements which may be of particular interest to specific users.
Blocking and/or deleting all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block and/or delete cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We utilize remarketing for advertising purposes, which uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to display ads. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. If you would like to opt out of remarketing advertising, click here.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by posting a new policy at this location.
ACCTivate!® is a registered trademark of Alterity, Inc. All other trademarks, trade names and logos are the property of their respective owners. Alterity disclaims proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.