Food safety ERP software helps companies uphold high standards for food safety and quality
Food and beverage companies put consumer well-being and their business integrity on the line when they lack tight controls, procedures, monitoring systems and record-keeping. Empowering businesses to be proactive in producing, handling, and distributing safe, quality product is a key element in addressing issues, i.e., contamination, and complying with regulatory requirements.
Acctivate food safety ERP centralizes all activities & transactions
Many food & beverage industry regulations, certifications & standards exist to keep consumers safe. Such measures require businesses to quickly provide records in events, i.e., audits, investigations and recalls.
Quick, electronic access to required records streamlines recalls – knowing a recall’s scope and its origination in less than four hours is critical for compliance and prevents the costly removal of unaffected product.
With Acctivate food safety ERP, multifaceted operations are managed in one system and automated within a powerful database to fulfill the critical need for companies to coordinate, track and instantly retrieve company-wide data, such as:
- Purchasing activities
- Production with recipe & workflow management
- Inventory with lot traceability, advanced costing & warehousing
- Multi-channel sales & fulfillment with CRM
Food safety ERP user, Summertime Potato Company
Food safety ERP manages purchasing activities, including suppliers, purchase orders & inventory receipts
With Acctivate, businesses gain visibility into all purchasing activities and gain the ability to track backwards within the supply chain, including:
- The supplier of every product, PO entry dates and purchased product.
- Receipts reconciled for each PO to determine exactly what and the quantity that the warehouse received.
- The warehouse and bin-location that product was received.
- Product lot numbers and expiration dates.
Food safety ERP manages food and beverage production through batch process manufacturing
Acctivate handles & tracks all stages of batch/bulk manufacturing ensuring all is accounted for as it happens through:
- Recipe management using a multi-level bill of materials (BOM) for unlimited ingredients.
- Configurable workflow management to update & track real-time progress (WIP) to completion.
- Support of recipe/yield variations to adjust for seasonal requirements, availability, substitutions, spillage, waste, etc. This is essential as proof when a certain quantity is shown as shipped from the supplier, but less is accounted for due to adjustments.
Food safety ERP controls, tracks, and traces lot numbered products
Acctivate enables bi-directional farm-to-fork traceability, leading to better inventory visibility and control through:
- Tracking lot numbers at the ingredient and finished goods level.
- Capturing true COGS by tying multiple costs to a batch by lot number.
- Support for lot number encoded barcodes for increased accuracy and productivity with receiving, picking, counting, warehouse transfers & workflow management.
- Managing product shelf life with full control of expiry and best by dates per lot number.
Food safety ERP user, Harvest Valley Bakery
Acctivate provides one area to manage, view, and report on lot usage from source to fulfillment within minutes through:
- Knowing details of all transactions tied to lot numbers from procurement to delivery, including multi-channels sales, i.e., in-store, online, and via EDI.
- Uncovering the quantity of products that are on-hand versus issued to sales orders with details, i.e., company, contacts, product, and quantity out of specified warehouse.
- Visually viewing the journey of raw materials to finished goods.
- Adding any relevant notes that are time and user stamped with the ability to assign for follow-up.
- Emailing directly from Acctivate with drag and drop capability into Acctivate from other email clients.
- Attaching any related documents.
- Creating a linked activity for managing related processes, i.e., notifying customers of a recall or handling quality control and assurance with the ability to include thorough information and link related items, i.e., customer, product, order, etc.
Food safety ERP fully integrated with QuickBooks
A reliable, affordable combination of food safety ERP software plus QuickBooks, helps small to mid-sized businesses manage all operations and keep food and beverages safe to preserve consumer health and trust, as well as business livelihood.
Get started today!
Learn how Acctivate can address your specific needs for food safety and operational management.
Call us at 817-870-1311 or request a free trial.