- Determine how & where spending has occurred by vendor or vendor type to gain a better understanding where savings opportunities exist. Use the information to aggregate spend across the organization, leveraging volume for improved pricing & increased efficiencies.
- Know your vendors & optimize supplier relationships. Develop vendor expectations & selection criteria based on historical vendor performance metrics. Develop a vendor scorecard with key metrics such as lowest cost paid, on-time deliveries & lead time required, and monitor the scorecard regularly.
- Establish a preferred vendor list based on historical performance and on-time deliveries.
- Gain spend management & budget control. Research historical total cost of ownership, not just costs.
- Establish control & compliance with policies. Stop unauthorized purchases through systematic controls.
- Improve risk management. Mitigate risk by on-order and overdue shipment monitoring.
- Streamline purchasing processes by establishing systematic processes for requisitions, requests for quotes, purchase orders, and receiving.
- Lower inventory investment by conducting trend analysis to better predict future buying and production needs & overstock analysis to reduce existing, non-performing inventory.
- Measure purchasing performance. Consistently review statistics and use decision support tools to constantly improve purchasing and procurement activities.
- Leverage technology. Quality purchasing, inventory & business management software will manage the details for these activities, enabling you to use the information to increase efficiency and grow your business.
Find out more!
Learn more about Acctivate Inventory Management Software by giving us a call at 817-870-1311 to talk about your specific needs or by simply completing the form and a specialist will contact you to discuss solutions.
Back to top
The following two tabs change content below.
The Acctivate blog
The Acctivate blog is your source for inventory control, QuickBooks®, and business management news, events, tips and tricks.
Latest posts by The Acctivate blog (see all)
- 3 Things Food Safety Inspectors Focus on During a Recall - September 13, 2017
- What is small business inventory tracking software? - August 3, 2016
- What is stock control software? - July 22, 2016