What is a price quote?
A price quote is a formal proposal for a prospect detailing the cost and terms of products for sale to initiate the sales process. An accepted price quote is legally binding for both parties with a fixed price for products subject to terms and conditions.
Acctivate software elevates the pre-sales process, increasing the likelihood of winning new business through 5 competitive advantages:
- Perform instant price checks before initiating a formal price quote
- Create an accurate price quote that utilizes all key data
- Uphold professionalism in the design and ability to send immediately
- Convert a price quote to an order easily
- Communicate with the customer from quote to sale and beyond
What is a price quote vs. a price check?
Acctivate has full price quote functionality plus the ability to perform an informal price check. A quick product cost estimate can be done instantly with the ability to:
- Lookup multiple products simultaneously
- Show product availability per warehouse
- Check product price for entered quantity
- Calculate price based on customer specific price codes, invoice discount percentages, terms, and contracts
- Drilldown into further customer and product information
A price check is a quick reference, such as with informing a prospect over the phone, without intentions of saving or affecting inventory. The function helps with responsiveness and can pique a contact’s interest for a formal price quote.
What is a price quote in Acctivate to Pigs Unlimited?
What is a price quote in Acctivate?
Examining “what is a price quote” in Acctivate shows how all the connected data formulates an accurate, thorough quote for the prospect to evaluate and help decide whether to purchase.
Price quotes in Acctivate are saved and tracked with the ability to update statuses that align with the prospects’ decision whether it is rejected, cancelled, or accepted and then progressed to an order.
Creating a quote in Acctivate is hassle-free with the ability to:
- Select the customer via a dynamic lookup that auto-populates the quote based on the connected customer record.
- Know if the customer is on credit hold and allow permitted users to release it.
- Auto-generate quote numbers based on defined configurations.
- Enter products manually, using the lookup, or by scanning a barcode and select the needed quantities, warehouse selling from, and price code.
- Set shipping details, including expected date.
- Apply discounts
- Include special instructions
With Acctivate, businesses can analyze their success rate of order conversions. Price quote cancellation reasons are tracked enabling business practices to be adjusted in common reoccurrences, i.e., out of stocks, pricing dissatisfaction, and quality and service issues. Acctivate is also equipped with the tools to be proactive in those cases with real-time visibility of inventory levels and pricing, and features to maintain superior product quality control and customer service.
Rejected quotes remain in the system and can be reopened if the prospect changes their mind. Acctivate also secures all price quotes to reference in instances of legalities or other inquires.
What is a price quote in Acctivate to Spazatainer?
Maintaining price quote professionalism
Acctivate documents and reports are backed by Crystal Reports®, the industry standard for report writing. When it is time to send a quote to the prospect, delays are eliminated with direct printing and emailing capabilities. The price quote document contains all pertinent information, and can be customized, i.e., with a logo or additional data.
What is a price quote vs. an order?
Acctivate provides full visibility of open quotes. Accepted price quotes can be instantly converted to an order with a single click or in batch. This automation eliminates any need for manual duplication, therefore reduces errors.
Scheduled orders remove products from available inventory and maintain that visibility across the system. Orders can also be ‘Booked’ if inventory doesn’t need to be reserved at the time.
When ready, orders can be invoiced and the entire sales process is streamlined through delivery. All the while, Acctivate delivers the data and tools to keep businesses responsive and in constant communication with customers.
Order management software for QuickBooks that powers the entire business
Acctivate optimizes preliminary sales efforts along with all operations from production to procurement through sales and fulfillment to delivery. Acctivate’s bi-directional integration to QuickBooks® delivers even more power overall with finances managed on the back-end and a cost-effective alternative for small to mid-sized multi-channel distributors, manufacturers, and online retailers.
Get started today!
Try Acctivate for free or call us at 817-870-1311.