Foodservice software delivers inventory and distribution capabilities enabling distributors to be successful mediators between manufacturers and professional kitchens while satisfying demands and improving profitability.
Foodservice software optimizes operations
Optimize operations with foodservice software for small and midsized foodservice distributors with the ability to:
- Maintain a safe and efficient supply chain with quality food readily available.
- Be agile to adapt to new business models.
- Prioritize customer needs to maintain solid partnerships.
Foodservice software automates inventory management
Foodservice software automates processes that would otherwise be manual and susceptible to errors, rework, and greater labor expenses. With visibility of all operational data, optimal inventory levels are achieved.
Getting goods from manufacturers requires strong procurement tools for foodservice distributors to obtain the right product, quantities, and price. All purchasing activities are managed in Acctivate, such as:
- Performance analysis to ensure quality products and reliable vendors.
- Streamlined purchasing management from requisitions to requests for quotes to purchase orders to inventory receiving to purchase invoices.
- Inventory forecasting to project and fulfill customer needs.
- Reorder alerts when reaching minimum stock quantities with one-click PO creation.
Once goods are received, Acctivate manages inventory to accurately stock and track in real-time:
- Manage multiple warehouses and locations that can be divided into zones, i.e., temperature based.
- Perform inventory transactions, including warehouse transfers and inventory counts, which can be maximized with Acctivate mobile warehouse management.
- Support GS1 standards for barcoding for global data exchange across the supply chain.
- Track and trace lot numbered products instantly with bidirectional farm-to-fork traceability to handle situations, i.e., recalls and quality control.
- Control product shelf-life by managing expiration/best-by dates per lot to organize/sell stock by a FEFO (First Entered First Out) method.
- Manage actual cost that captures true cost of goods sold by associating multiple costs of product per lot number.
- Price products with flexible options, including tiered and pricing by quantity, standard weight or catch weight.
Foodservice software user, Integrated Food Service
Foodservice software simplifies food processing
Acctivate also delivers production tools for distributors, who manufacture.
- Plan production based on customer demand.
- Account for variables that require recipes/yields to be adjusted in batch processing.
- Handle assemblies that are made to stock and kits that are made on demand.
- Manage kit/assembly components, and recipes & ingredients with a multi-level bill of materials.
- Track production workflow in real-time.
Foodservice software user, Harvest Valley Bakery
Foodservice software streamlines distribution
Acctivate improves the order to cash cycle for foodservice distributors with visibility and control of orders, fulfillment, and customer service throughout the sales and distribution process.
- Enter orders quickly regardless of sales source (in-person, phone, email).
- Manage multiple sales channels—offline and online (web stores, eCommerce marketplaces, EDI).
- Accept various payment types.
- Instantly access customer information and history for proactive communication; and to offer deals, upsell and cross-sell.
- Establish a B2B customer self-service portal via eCommerce integration.
- Manage customer account statuses with credit and collection controls.
Fulfill any demand volume to deliver on-time and reduce spoilage with:
- Consolidated picklists to pick multiple orders in batch via the best mapped routes, and mobile picking for even greater efficiency.
- A central Order Manager with a view of all orders, plus bulk actions to expedite processing and fulfillment.
- Mobile route delivery for direct to store distribution of scheduled orders with pre-determined routes/stops and real-time inventory adjustments via mobile.
- Integrate with multiple shipping carriers and utilize various methods, i.e., freight and Less than Truckload (LTL).
Foodservice software delivers comprehensive functionality for current and new business models
Acctivate is a complete business solution for small to midsized foodservice distributors that integrates with QuickBooks to keep financials synced with all operations. The comprehensiveness of Acctivate allows distributors to compete in an ever-evolving industry, in which adapting is important.
For instance, during the COVID-19 pandemic, foundational customers for foodservice distributors, like restaurants, hotels, and schools, closed and/or their demand decreased. Larger distributors transitioned to other opportunities, such as contributing to popup grocery markets in restaurants or distributing to grocers. With increased food takeout and delivery, some distributors began offering easy-to-order bundles of to-go containers, disposable packaging products, and sanitation products.
Additionally, new segments continue to emerge, such as food halls, ghost kitchens (delivery only virtual kitchens), meal kit offerings, grab and go options, and food trucks. Distributors can take advantage of opportunities, such as standing out for acquisition, expanding product offerings to satisfy consumers (i.e., gluten-free, plant-based), adding retail customers, offering direct to consumer (a B2C model), or locally sourcing. Acctivate enables distributors to quickly adapt and evolve to successfully compete in these constantly shifting segments.
Get started today!
Learn how Acctivate meets the challenges of foodservice distributors, for them to thrive and to in turn address foodservice operator pain points.
Call us at 817-870-1311 or request a free trial.