Acctivate Mobile WMS installation overview
Acctivate Mobile WMS is designed to provide real-time access to certain Acctivate functions on a Windows Mobile device. We’re very confident that you will find Acctivate Mobile WMS to be a powerful productivity tool for your company.
Please note: Professional assistance may be required
Acctivate Mobile WMS was designed to be installed and configured by a Microsoft networking professional that has experience with web services, the Microsoft Web Server component (IIS) and other networking processes. We strongly urge you to consult with a professional network administrator or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) regarding this installation, especially if Acctivate is installed on a remote or hosted server.
Please refer to the Acctivate System Requirements before proceeding.
Acctivate Mobile Web Service
You must have the Microsoft Web Server component, also known as Internet Information Services (IIS) installed and running on the Windows Server that you would like to install Acctivate Mobile WMS. Please refer to our Web Server requirements for Acctivate Mobile WMS article for more information and instructions to install the Web Server (IIS) component.
The Acctivate Mobile Web Service is typically installed on the main Windows Server that is also running Acctivate and Microsoft SQL Server. The Full Install package will create a web service that processes Acctivate transactions from the Windows Mobile devices.
- Download and execute the Acctivate Mobile Full Install package from downloads.
- You will be prompted for location of the Acctivate software. Acctivate will typically be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Acctivate\ on a Windows Server.
- Accept the terms of the Acctivate License then click Next.
- Choose a Web Server Virtual Directory for Acctivate Mobile WMS. The default is AcctHandheld, but this can be changed. The Virtual Directory will appear in the URL for the web service (e.g., http://192.168.1.123/AcctHandheld/ or http://ServerName/AcctHandheld/).
- Click Install to begin the installation and configuration of the Acctivate Mobile WMS web service.
- The Acctivate Web Service should now be accessible at http://localhost/AcctHandheld/ in the web browser. It may take longer than usual to load the Acctivate Web Service status page for the first time.
Install Acctivate on Windows Mobile devices
The Acctivate Mobile WMS client software must be installed on each Windows Mobile device. This software communicates with the Acctivate Web Service. Your device(s) must have a TCP/IP network connection to the Acctivate Web Service over port 80 (or 443 for SSL). These connections are typically made over WiFi. Bluetooth and other network connection methods are not recommended.
- Open Internet Explorer on the Windows Mobile device(s) and navigate to the Acctivate Mobile WMS Web Service URL from above. Confirm that you see the same Acctivate Web Service page on the mobile device (see below).
- Click the Install link. You may receive a security warning at this point due to the Windows security settings for the newly configured Web Server (IIS). Please follow any instructions to adjust the settings of the Acctivate Mobile WMS Web Service.
- Follow the instructions on the next page, clicking “here” to download the Acctivate Mobile WMS client install package.
- You will be prompted to Save the AcctivateInstaller.exe file. The Save As dialog will appear next, simply click Save again. Please choose YES if prompted to replace an existing file with the same name.
- Close Internet Explorer on the mobile device, then open File Explorer from the Start Menu.
- Scroll down then tap the AcctivateInstaller at the bottom of the list. The install process should begin automatically.
- You may be prompted to Choose a location to install if your device has removable storage (e.g., microSD card). We recommend that you install Acctivate on the Device if possible. If you’re presented with other options like “on application” or “on cache disk”, disregard these and install on the device.
If the installer asks to reboot, choose CANCEL and let the installer continue. Rebooting will cause the installation to not continue.
- The Acctivate Mobile WMS client software includes multiple third-party components. Click OK after each component is successfully installed. The OK button located at the top-right of the window in the same location as the X button to close the Acctivate installer. Carefully tap the OK button ONCE when prompted, to avoid canceling the entire process.
Note: You may also be prompted to restart your device after installing one or more of the components. Ignore this prompt and continue with installation.
- You should see the Install complete message after all required components are installed. Click OK to close the installer and OK again to close the File Explorer.
Acctivate Mobile WMS is now installed on your device!
- Tap the Windows Start button on the Mobile device and choose Programs. Some devices will take you directly to the Programs list.
- Tap Acctivate in the Programs list and wait a few seconds for the login window to appear.
- Select your Company from the drop-down and provide your Acctivate credentials and click Login.
Note: The No Scanner Found message (see above) indicates that the Windows Mobile device either does not have a barcode reader or it is not supported by Acctivate Mobile WMS. Please review the Acctivate Mobile section of our system requirements for more a list of supported barcode readers.
Acctivate Mobile WMS software updates
Software updates will be available for Acctivate Mobile WMS along with most Acctivate updates. The Mobile Updates may affect the Acctivate Mobile WMS Web Service and/or Acctivate software on each device.
Note: We recommend that you install the Acctivate software updates on the server first and log in to each company before any Acctivate Mobile WMS updates.
- Close Acctivate on all Windows Mobile devices.
- Download and execute the Acctivate Mobile WMS Update package from downloads. This package should be installed on the Windows Server running the Acctivate Mobile WMS web service.
- Launch Acctivate on each Windows Mobile device.
- You will most likely see a Version Mismatch message with instructions to Open Installer Page (in the browser).
- Click Open Installer Page, which will close Acctivate and open the Acctivate Web Service installer page in Internet Explorer on the device.
- Follow steps 3-8 in the Install Acctivate on Windows Mobile devices section above.
- Launch Acctivate and confirm that it’s upgraded to the new version.