Create a Sales Order
Manually Create a Sales Order
One of the main ways to create a sales order is on the Customer list window. While talking on the phone with a customer and having their information up on screen, the user can use the + Create menu > Sales Order to create a Sales Order. This will auto-fill the new Sales Order with the customer information from the previous window. The same functionality exists when utilizing the Edit Customer window, if not in the read only list view.
Another option to create a sales order is initiated from the Sales List window. Users can click + New Sales Order at the bottom of the list of sales orders. Once opened, begin entering sales order details, including selecting the proper customer record.
For the customers utilizing Business Activities with Service Billing, you can also create a sales order from the Activities List. Choose the activity you wish to create a sales order as a related document and use the + Create menu > Sales Order function. When multiple related customers exist, a prompt will appear to select the proper customer or ship to location to add to the order.
Some customers like going straight to the Enter Sales Order window to create a sales order. To do so, click the Sales Order icon on the icon bar or use the Sales menu > Enter Sales Orders. Once the window opens, click New to begin entering the necessary details.
Entering Sales Order Details
If you create a sales order from the customer windows, the customers will already be filled in on the Enter Sales Order window.
If you create a sales order outside of the customer windows, you’ll need to add the customer to the order by either typing the full customer name and pressing tab or using the lookup window to select. Terms, Branch, and Sales Rep (not required) default from the customer record. Make sure to select these values before saving the sales order.
- Line Type is only required to select when needing to add note lines, non-standard products, or to change a P line product to D or S. See the full list of line types here.
- Add the products being ordered to the Detail tab of the Sales Order window.
- Type the full Product ID, Alternate Product ID, or Customer Product ID and press Tab.
- Use the product lookup by clicking browse button or F4 on your keyboard with cursor in Product ID field.
- Verify W/H listed is the one being shipped out of. This will default based on the Branch when a Default Warehouse is assigned to it. If no default set on the Branch, the first warehouse assigned to the product in alphabetical order will appear.
- We suggest adding numbers to the warehouse IDs if you need to see them in a different order in the drop downs. Acctivate will sort warehouses in ascending order.
- Enter Ordered Qty
- The U/M defaults based on the Sales unit assigned to the product. Users can toggle this to another U/M, if alternate unit relationship exists.
- Verify Price is correct.
- Alternate Prices outside of List Price (*), Customer Specific (!), or Default Price Code Price for the selected customer are available to select in the Pr Cd field. To do so, put the cursor in the field and click the browse button.
- If offering a line discount outside of the selected price on the order, enter it in the % Off field as a whole number. For example, 50% off the line would be entered as 50.
- When needing to add instructions to print on the form below the description of the product, do so in the Instructions field. Users can click the browse button to show a full text box for data entry purposes.
- Additional information to enter based on add-on modules:
- Location: The primary warehouse location defaults in this field based on the product/warehouse combination selected on the order. Users can select an alternate by clicking in the field and choosing from the available locations in the drop down. See the full steps here.
- Lot or Serial Numbers: Select the row which requires lot or serial numbers and follow these instructions.
- Kit Components (Standard and Custom): Review the kit components by clicking the Components button with the kit item row selected. Make sure any bin location, lot number, or serial number are selected for each component. View the full details here.
- Make sure all other details required are entered. Things to take into consideration: PO Number, Reference, Ship Via, Shipping Dates (Requested, Promised, Not Before, Not After), Comment, Special Instructions, and Shipping Instructions.
- To enter a whole order discount, add the amount or percent to the Discount field below the Subtotal.
- When all data is entered, save the sales order by clicking the save icon or CTRL+S on your keyboard.