One extraordinarily useful tool in Acctivate is the Reorders tab of the Business Alerts to reorder inventory. This window allows you to see all the products which meet the criteria of needing to be reordered (reorder inventory formula) and quickly create Purchase Orders to send to your vendor(s).
- To begin to reorder inventory, open the Business Alerts utility by either going to Alerts > Business Alerts or clicking the Alerts button on the icon bar.
- From the Business Alerts window, select the Reorders tab, which contains all products currently below the designated restocking level.
- When viewing the products that you need to reorder inventory for, there are various options that can enabled to help you better review the data.
- Warehouse: You can use the Warehouse menu to see what you need to reorder inventory for by a specific warehouse.
- Vendor: To look up a specific Vendor, use the magnifying glass next to the Vendor box. This will show you any item that’s low on stock which has that specific supplier listed as the Preferred Vendor.
- Group By Vendor: This option will sort and group the products you need to reorder inventory for by their Preferred Vendor. The blank Supplier box reflects items below their required quantity for reorder without a Preferred Vendor selected on the Vendor tab of the product. If vendor records exist, users can select which one to use in the PO Supplier field after clicking Reorder.
- Hide Assemblies: By default, assemblies are not included in the reorder wizard, however you can uncheck this option to include assembly items in the reorder screen.
- If you’re ready to begin to use the Reorder wizard, click Reorder >>. You’ll notice the window changes to allow you to select individual Products or the entire group of items for a Supplier (if using the Group by Vendor option).
- Acctivate displays a Recommended Qty, which is the quantity to reorder based on the stocking unit, and a Suggested Quantity, which is the quantity based on the vendor’s purchase unit. For example, the reorder formula may determine that you need to order 11 Eaches of an item, however your vendor only sells by the Dozen. In that scenario, the Rec Qty would be 11 Ea, but the Suggested order qty would be 1 Dz. When you select a product or group of products to reorder, four new fields appear, the PO Qty, PO Unit, PO Cost, and PO Amount. The PO Qty and PO Unit will default based on the Suggested reorder qty.
- While the PO Qty and Unit will default, you can edit the following fields:
- Supplier Name: Defaults to Preferred Supplier, but you can choose from a menu of suppliers associated with this product.
- PO Qty: Defaults to the Suggested Order Qty. Can be changed to any qty.
- PO Unit: Defaults to the Vendor’s purchase unit if defined, or the default purchase unit for the product.
- PO Cost: Defaults based on the PO Pricing hierarchy.
- Lead Time: This will be saved and used by Acctivate to better recommend stocking levels.
Note: PO’s created from the Reorders tab are considered to have been reviewed and approved, therefore they will go straight to an Issued status, regardless of any default PO statuses configured. Please review before creating PO’s.