Purchase Order Receipt
Full Training Library
In Acctivate, users can receive inventory from multiple areas. Typically, a purchase order receipt is created and linked to specific Purchase Orders. This ensures the proper reconciliation of the purchases account occurs whenever creating vendor invoices.
However, there are times when using a standalone purchase order receipt transaction are necessary. This is typically to split up a single lot number into multiple or to break down one item to add stock to others (learn more about that purchase order receipt process).
For certain customers, a need exists to be able to choose which items from the PO to receive rather than receiving all outstanding items on each session. Acctivate allows the choice by checking or unchecking the option to Receive PO’s in full.
The steps below are only for inventoried items. Non-inventoried items cannot be received into stock since quantity on hand is not tracked. Unlike inventoried items, these items are manually approved and expensed when invoiced on the vendor bill.
Create or Modify a Purchase Order Receipt Session
- Open the Inventory Receipt window from one of the options below:
- Purchasing on left navigation bar
- Choose Purchasing from the left navigation bar.
- Search for and select the Purchase Order to be received.
- Click + Create > Receipt.
- Enter Purchase Order window
- Click the Purchase Order icon or using the Purchasing menu > Enter Purchase Order.
- Enter the PO number in question and tab out of the field or use the lookup to select.
- Click the Receive button.
- Inventory Receipts window
- From the Inventory menu, choose Inventory Receipt.
- Choose an existing session from the session drop down or click New to create a new session.
- Enter the Purchase Order number followed by the tab key or select from the lookup.
- Purchasing on left navigation bar
- Fill in any optional header information, such as Reference, Receiving Document, and Description.
- Verify the session date. This is the date to the right of the session number and is the date the inventory will be added to stock. The document date is for reference only but can be used for informational purposes to reflect the date listed on the pack list sent with the items being received.
- If not receiving in full by default, add the products to the session to be received from this PO.
- Remove any products not being received by selecting the row and pressing the Delete key on your keyboard. Do not update the quantity to be zero.
- Verify the Received quantity for each row. Make sure to override the quantity match the actual number received into the warehouse.
- When using bin locations, make sure to enter the receipt Location.
- Lot number items require the user to enter the number below the Description of the item. If needed, users can also add Expiration Date, Reference, and Specification for each lot number listed.
- Serial number items will be broken out to list one unit per row to accommodate all outstanding quantity on the purchase order. Make sure to enter the serial number for each row, as well as any other information listed in the above bullet point.
- Save the session once all details are entered.
- Post the session to add products to stock.
Multiple Purchase Order Receipt Transactions on One Session
If your vendor combines multiple shipments or the user needs to post multiple receipts for different Purchase Orders at one time, they can do so on the Inventory Receipts window by saving and adding transactions to the session until all are listed. When posting the session, each transaction is posted at one time across multiple PO’s or warehouses for the same date.
- Follow the instructions above and stop after step 7.
- After saving the first receipt transaction, click + Add Transaction.
- Follow the same steps to add the next Purchase Order to be received until step 7.
- Repeat these steps until all necessary transactions have been added.
- Post the session to add products from each transaction to stock.