Counting Inventory with Acctivate Mobile
Full Training Library
With Acctivate Mobile Inventory Management, users can open and post inventory count sessions created on the desktop app without printing huge count sheets. This enables the user to walk the warehouse and scan items as they go rather than writing down the information for someone to enter later. Once posted, the inventory quantities for products listed on the count are adjusting based on quantity entered as an inventory adjustment.
Using this feature requires the count sessions to be created on the desktop app prior to opening on the mobile device. Follow the steps listed here to prepare a new count sheet stopping at step 7.
Enter Physical Count Quantities on Windows Mobile Device
- After logging into Acctivate mobile on the device using the same credentials as on the desktop version, select the Inventory button.
- Select Count.
- This opens the Inventory Count screen which shows 2 options:
- Select a Sheet: Choose an inventory count session created on the desktop app.
- And select a Section: Select a section on the sheet when multiple exist.
- Press the right arrow below these two selections to move forward to next screen.
- Scan a product barcode to increment the quantity by 1. You can use the device keypad or up an down arrows to increment the Qty field. With the blind count option, users can add product(s) to the count session. Either scan it or clicking on the blank row in the grid below and then add the Product and Qty at the top before pressing Enter on the device’s keypad.
- When utilizing bin locations, the first screen will show any items missing a location to be counted. Without locations, the full list of products will be shown for the selected section.
- To progress through the locations you’re counting, put cursor in Loc field to scan, enter, or lookup location from the list. Products at current location are shown after selection. Scan or select each product to enter the count Qty.
- If you scan a product that is lot or serial numbered, the lot/serial screen will open. When not using barcodes, click the # button to open this screen. Here you can scan a lot or serial barcode or use the touch screen to select. Click the green checkmark in the upper left-hand corner to return to the previous screen.
- Repeat the process in steps 5 & 6 for each product listed on the count sheet until all necessary products are counted.
- When finished, select the green check in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- The Save Count Sheet? screen opens with the option to complete the count and set the quantities of uncounted lines to zero, as well as a list of said products.
- You’ll see a message stating Inventory count saved. Click the green check box to go back to the Inventory Count sheet selection screen.
- Open the Enter Count window on the desktop app to review and post entered count quantities.