IN THIS ARTICLE
Landed cost can be generated from specific Inventory Receipts, all Receipts related to a Purchase Order(s), Assemblies, and Transfers. For example, you may receive a vendor bill for freight charges for a load that needs to be allocated over multiple receipts and/or transfers of product.
Review Landed Cost Sessions
- Choose the Transactions list from the left navigation bar.
- Search for and locate the session or transaction types in question.
- Select session for review.
- Sessions saved, but not posted will show Draft on the list, as well as a watermark on the read only window for the transaction. These can be modified before posting by clicking the Edit button.
- Posted sessions will show more information, such as unit cost and amount allocated.
Create Vendor Bill via Landed Cost
- Go to Inventory > Landed Cost.
- Click New (Ctrl+N) on toolbar to create a new Landed Cost session.
- Select the Vendor from the lookup.
- Enter the Invoice Number.
- Check Create Bill to create a vendor bill during the next sync.
- Choose Invoice Date.
- Enter Invoice Total.
- Click Load Items to select the associated inventory transactions to link the new Landed Cost. Users can load items by Receipt(s), Receipt(s) from PO, Inventory Transfer, and Inventory Assembly sessions.
- Continue loading items until all affected sessions are selected.
- You can add products to the transaction on the row marked with an *, but this will affect the entire warehouse value rather than a specific transaction.
- When doing this for lot / serial numbered items using Actual cost, you will need to select the specific lot / serial number.
- Quantity: Allocation based on total quantity listed.
- Value: Allocation based on percentage of total value listed.
- Weight: A calculation based on the weight of the product listed on the Tech Specs times the quantity listed on the row.
- Volume: Similar to Weight, but uses the Volume field on the Tech Specs of the item.